- WTX-D40 Single Cylinder Wing
WTX-D40 Single Cylinder Wing
The WTX and WTX-D Series is a selection of harnesses, buoyancy cells and accessories which offer unparalleled versatility due to the modular nature of the whole system. Each component can be configured into a highly technical rig for those trained to push the limits, or scaled down to make a travel friendly set up suitable for any diver.
Single cylinder wings, often referred to as donuts, are oval shaped air cells or bladders that are not permanently attached to a harness. While single cylinder wings have their origins in the realm of technical diving, they are becoming very popular in the recreational community. Not only are these single cylinder wings streamlined, but due to their shape being a continuous loop, they are very stable underwater. There is no dramatic shift of air from left to right.
Apeks single cylinder wings are a smart design that allows a cylinder to nest deep inside them. These wings mate up nicely to the rest of the Apeks WTX collection of high quality harnesses, plates and accessories. They can be configured in multiple ways to match the type of diving that you do. As with the rest of the WTX collection, these single cylinder wings are built from the finest quality materials. They are designed by Apeks and built in our own factory.
- K style with brass buttons
- Low profile 16” oval-shaped hose
- Safety cable to prevent hyper-extension
- Positioned off-centre so as not to interfere with regulator 1st stage
- Low profile flat valve
- Positioned in front, lower-left side
Tank Stabilizer Bars
- 2 large drain grommets
- Centre mesh drain panel
- Exterior: 1000D Armorshield Cordura
- Inner air cell: 22mil (.022) thick black urethane
- Zipper: heavy duty YKK #10 plastic zip and slide
The 30lb and 40lb wings are able to accept an optional Retractor Kit.